DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Boom Winch on a Liebherr HS 843 Options · View
Zilla
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 6:34:17 PM
Groups: Member

I would like to know if the Winch for the boom on the HS 843 has any type of brake / spring on it? I have one of these models and it seems to just free wheel and I am concerned that it will not hold the boom up. Please advise.

Thanks,

Greg
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:09:53 PM

Groups: Member

Greg, the only thing I found on it was from Cranes Etc and it was just that the "winches used a key and were stiff enough to hold a pose". I know on the NZG HS855 model the winches all have a brake where you need to push in on the key and turn the winch, unfortunately on mine the small axle pin broke off and caused the small spring to not work properly and thus I wouldn't have a positive hold on the winch. I did wind up fixing it with a little ingenuity and patience.

One thing you might be able to do is to use a small piece of tooth pick as a wedge between the winch and the side where the winch is located as this would save you from having to take the model apart or you can disassemble the model and see what is happening and then you could possibly fix the problem.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!