Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM D9s and DD9G Options · View
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:26:24 PM

Groups: Member

steelman
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:07:53 PM

Looks more like a diecast plastic model- I know it's a prototype.
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:33:27 PM

Meh, wish they'd make a newer dozer that isn't so large. Something along the lines of a D4-D6N LGP, heck even a D7 with the tri-drive!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:44:43 AM

frusso did you make the controls for CCM on those models, they look real familiar.
Steve
DKS
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:36:15 AM

frusso
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:04:13 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
frusso did you make the controls for CCM on those models, they look real familiar.
Steve

no Steve, but I could help them if they like!
Teeth Teeth Teeth
Dex
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:04:56 PM

DKS wrote:
Ccms detail is getting worse on these older models, they can do a lot better , it seems they have no control what these different Chinese factories are giving them in terms of detail ! First gear detail is right on . Why can't Ccm get it right. I will not buy there overpriced garbage anymore!!, just cancelled my pre order of their D8K & D9G pusher Make these models in America Ccm so you have CONTROL !!! Wait till trump puts his tariffs on this Chinese product,

It's my understanding these are just prototypes. Hopefully, when the production models are ready, D8K and the like, they will look better. I also hope CCM shows us pictures of the production models, otherwise, Im going to have a hard time justifying spending that kind of coin on a model of that poor detail. Its not worth the gamble.
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:35:10 AM

steelman wrote:
Looks more like a diecast plastic model

Diecast plastic......H,mmmm hows that work?!
steelman
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:28:52 AM

Just the appearance, not manufacturing process.
Don't read more into it than what it is.
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:34:39 AM

frusso wrote:
I just would like see the same muffler from DD9G on D9s.

Why??

CCM have made the muffler (i assume you mean the exhaust stack) correct as per Caterpillar spec.

If they made the D9,s the same as the DD9G then it would be incorrect and some one on the interweb might complain, wouldnt want that now.......
frusso
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:18:10 AM

Gavin84w wrote:
frusso wrote:

Why??

CCM have made the muffler (i assume you mean the exhaust stack) correct as per Caterpillar spec.

If they made the D9,s the same as the DD9G then it would be incorrect and some one on the interweb might complain, wouldnt want that now.......

Why????????????

Can not I have an opinion as a customer???

I understand that this is a forum for putting particular opinions on models and this is mine. Overall, I loved the prototype, but not the muffler.

If I could and had a choice, surely mine would not be this one.

I do not know how to speak in English, but at least the protective cover in this muffler would be great and better tham this.

If the CCM was feared someone's complaint about using another muffler, now they have someone complaining about this muffler and that's all.

I know it is very difficult to please everyone and that you have to meet the majority, but this does not change my opinion.
frusso
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:55:28 AM

Gavin84w wrote:
steelman wrote:
Looks more like a diecast plastic model

Diecast plastic......H,mmmm hows that work?!

Gavin84w, knowing receiving criticism can be very good.

Treating consumers with irony and disbelief is not a good path. It's sad to see this kind of positioning .

This type of posture only brings dissatisfaction.

Maybe that's why a post praising the model has so many bad comments...
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 11:38:49 AM

frusso wrote:
Gavin84w wrote:
frusso wrote:

Why??

Why????????????

I understand that this is a forum for putting particular opinions on models and this is mine. Overall, I loved the prototype, but not the muffler.

I do not know how to speak in English, but at least the protective cover in this muffler would be great and better tham this.

If the CCM was feared someone's complaint about using another muffler, now they have someone complaining about this muffler and that's all.

I know it is very difficult to please everyone and that you have to meet the majority, but this does not change my opinion.

I dont think its "about meeting the majority" CCM have to build the model to faithfully represent what the OEM made, there website with each model also has a pic of the machine modelled from the spec sheet and tere are different exhaust stacks on each so they have faithfully recreated the models as per original. That would be any model makers charter and certainly required for licensing etc. I just dont know why you would want the model not as Caterpillar had built it.
frusso
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:15:18 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
frusso wrote:
Gavin84w wrote:
frusso wrote:

Why??

Why????????????

I dont think its "about meeting the majority" CCM have to build the model to faithfully represent what the OEM made, there website with each model also has a pic of the machine modelled from the spec sheet and tere are different exhaust stacks on each so they have faithfully recreated the models as per original. That would be any model makers charter and certainly required for licensing etc. I just dont know why you would want the model not as Caterpillar had built it.

CCMD9G-9R by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Look at the muffler from this D9G from CCM site. The muffler is not the same from the model...

frusso
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:38:43 PM

And the muffler from this D9G would be really nice...
DKS
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 4:21:36 PM

Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:33:41 AM

Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:42:30 AM

[/quote]

CCMD9G-9R by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Look at the muffler from this D9G from CCM site. The muffler is not the same from the model...

[/quote]

The "straight" pipe or muffler as is referred to in our converstaion is a 100% accurate representation of what was offered from Caterpillar so what is on the model is correct. What is not on the model but is in the pic is the optional "rain trap" so the model is set up correctly without the option.

The different "muffler" style on the DD9G is because of the higher seating position for the operator on the front tractor and is an attempt to direct the smoke away from the operator so hence the "straight" pipe or muffler if fitted on the DD9G will not be an accurate factory representation of the machine and would possibly allow more smoke to go in the operators face.
frusso
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:04:32 AM

Gavin84w, based on what you said in your previous answer, then what is the problem in putting the muffler with "rain trap" (thanks, I didn't know this name in English) of the figure and not the one you propose in the prototype?

CCM put in "optional lights" and they were excellent, optional ripper and push block and they are impeccable!

Why not put an optional muffler to make the model richer? It would be perfect!!!

Why is it so difficult to give opinions in CCM models? My intention is to make it amazing not to criticize the work done...

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:37:30 AM

Hi Felipe,

one thing I noticed is that the straight pipe exhaust stack on D9G scale models often tends to look too short. I have seen that on high-quality models like RR Models and the same on the CCMs prototype photos alike. So I believe it's something like an optical illusion, because most of the scale models are photographed from a perspective much higher then most photos of actual D9Gs. I think that both producers of scale models got the right dimension/length of the exhaust stack. It just appears to be a tad too short. And maybe that's the reason why the exhaust pipes on the DD9G tend to look better, because they are longer.

I've checked some reference photos from the bookshelve. The simple exhaust stack without rain cap was a option choosen very often on early D9Gs, especially the ones with dual air intakes. Most D9Gs in Germany had the straight pipe with rain cap. I love this little detail, but I bet it is too costly to reproduce such a cap properly (moving) in 1/48 scale. Only the late D9Gs from early 70ies had a real muffler. They had a new setup regarding the turbo charger.

Cheers,
Max