DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Peterbilt with Ramp Trailer Options · View
Dirt Jockey
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 12:32:21 AM
Groups: Member

Should be an easy one for those on here. Peterbilt with Nelson Ramp trailer (I think). How much did these go for when new? I am looking to add 1 or 2 to my fleet and don't want to get Hosed!
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 1:02:35 AM

I think they were around the original Swords Petes with Rogers. They have gone up in value recently because they are unique. They also came in some different colors than the lowboys. i have the "Wendt" version which is the best looking in my opinion. I think they came in black, white, red, Wendt, green, maybe yellow, and maybe gray. Craig
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 1:18:01 AM

I believe they were $229 retail price. Depending on color they fetch anywhere from $350-$500+.
3406E
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 1:27:30 AM

They were $220 to $230 depending on where you were shopping. The green version had a name or company logo on the door but I can't remember what it said. I wanted one of those but never got one because I didn't think I would be able to match the green for custom projects. Craig, there was a grey but no yellow.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
Dirt Jockey
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 2:12:46 AM

Thanks guys. Right about what I thought they were. Is it in fact a Nelson trailer? If anyone is looking to find a home for a red one, I am looking!
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:27:22 AM

It is a Nelson trailer with one major difference. the wheels on the Sword model are too large. You cannot roll any equipment up those ramps at that angle. You could load from a ramp at a warehouse or put wood blocks under the existing ramps. But if you look at the real Nelson, the wheels are smaller. I love the Wendt version with red and white. You can put the Pete cab with a cherry red four axle flip and it looks perfect. So you could have one Pete and two trailers. I have the red Pete too. Craig
Claus
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:47:05 AM

I have the Red, the Black and the Green. The Green one has Tesar logos. There was also a Black one with Sword logos. I find two Cat D6K dozers or the IH 175 and TD15 make good loads when done in pairs. I also like the Athern Deere 5020 tractors in a pair.
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:50:01 AM

Quinella wrote:
It is a Nelson trailer with one major difference. the wheels on the Sword model are too large. You cannot roll any equipment up those ramps at that angle. You could load from a ramp at a warehouse or put wood blocks under the existing ramps. But if you look at the real Nelson, the wheels are smaller. I love the Wendt version with red and white. You can put the Pete cab with a cherry red four axle flip and it looks perfect. So you could have one Pete and two trailers. I have the red Pete too. Craig

Also, the model axles are spring loaded. In real life, you would be able to dump the air from the air bags and lower the height 6-8 inches. I saw a real trailer in Detroit once and it looked and measured out about right. That trailer was hauling a Versalift forklift. I think these trailers are better suited for larger forklift transport. I had the Cat Underground loader on mine. It went up and down the ramp ok, and would axle out fine around the Great Lake States.Whistle Teeth Ken

Steveo
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 10:24:14 PM

Hey fellas...……...if any of you need one of these Chuck has two of mine at his place for sale...……..

Peterbilt-Nelson ramp tr. 379 and 3 axle trailer SW2027-WEN Wendt
Peterbilt-Nelson ramp tr. 379 and 3 axle trailer SW2027-R red
Claus
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:06:01 AM

I think Lo-Pro Tires would have been a nice touch.

Claus
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:10:40 AM

This is close but not quite.

Cat22Fan
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:22:39 AM

Did you guys know that you can raise the first axle of the Nelson Ramp Trailers to be out of service or to put it in the tagged out position. Only took me 8 years to find this out. Their is a black clip under the trailer that you can turn or adjust with a screw driver.
Barkerjoh
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:03:52 PM

Cat22Fan wrote:
Did you guys know that you can raise the first axle of the Nelson Ramp Trailers to be out of service or to put it in the tagged out position. Only took me 8 years to find this out. Their is a black clip under the trailer that you can turn or adjust with a screw driver.

I never knew that. ill need to look thanks for the heads up
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:20:20 PM

Cat22Fan wrote:

I absolutely never knew that also. Chuck, why didn't you advertise that? That's a killer feature. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 7:05:53 PM

Craig the reason you absolutely did not know that the axle raised is because you are a “closet dirt guy” not a “heavy hauler guy”. The first step to recovery as you well know is admitting your problem. Craig one day at a time, good luck.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 9:09:01 PM

You are right Steve. One does have to recognize his own weaknesses. Like the other day when you told me that the one and only time you went fishing, 'You caught a clam"???????????? There is water near you in Rhode Island and it has little fishies in it.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 10:31:25 PM

Craig that was my brother who caught the clam. I to date have still not caught anything and as you said it was my first and last time, I do sit out my front porch with a cooler of cold ones however, so I’m building up to being a fisherman.

So you are a “dirt guy”? This is a very large audience your coming out in and I’m sure the forum dirt guys will make you feel welcome.
Steve
admin
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 12:32:39 PM
Groups: Administration

Quin, I thought you were smarter than that and could figure out that the first axle moved. Jeez, do I have to tell you everything. And what's up by your complaining about the Ramp Trailer tires? I think the set looks great!

Some people are never happy.

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 1:44:43 PM

Chucky Cheese. Try and move a dozer or paver up the ramp. The angle is too high. The trailer looks great, but it is not functional enough. As Ken states, they are used for forklifts. Try a model forklift. Trailer should have come with smaller wheels. Consut Ken on every new truck you make. You don't listen to me. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 4:55:57 PM

Chuck, Quinella is slowly becoming a dirt guy. You post about trailers and he is talking dozers and pavers. As soon as he becomes a full fledged dirt guy he will then never be happy about the equipment. Thank God he’s a nice guy.
Steve