DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

International Trucks Pictures Options · View
heavyload
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:39:01 PM

Groups: Member

Just some a quick note: BAH You possibly don't know but Norscot was producing at Wan-Ho facilities in China. DM produce at Yulee and reason of that is Yulee owners are parteners with a guy from Downunder in Diecast Masters. They do have a couple of guys from Norscot working with them but they are more sell/mafrketing oriented. Also It's true that OEM is not keeping this industry afloat... in fact they are the big large gigantesque boat that collector crusing on

You should see us ( diecast manufacturers) chasing the brand manager of Liebherr, Cat, Link Belt Tadano, Hitachi, John Derre, Roadtec etc during Con Expo or Bauma. I wonder why I was doing that if they were not the key!!! just saying

Have a good night.

Luc.
BAH
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:19:20 PM

heavyload wrote:
Just some a quick note: BAH You possibly don't know but Norscot was producing at Wan-Ho facilities in China. DM produce at Yulee and reason of that is Yulee owners are parteners with a guy from Downunder in Diecast Masters. They do have a couple of guys from Norscot working with them but they are more sell/mafrketing oriented. Also It's true that OEM is not keeping this industry afloat... in fact they are the big large gigantesque boat that collector crusing on

You should see us ( diecast manufacturers) chasing the brand manager of Liebherr, Cat, Link Belt Tadano, Hitachi, John Derre, Roadtec etc during Con Expo or Bauma. I wonder why I was doing that if they were not the key!!! just saying

Have a good night.

Heavyload, It’s sounds like its possible that you have a lot more knowledge about the diecast industry than I have. But I do know that Norscot was produced in many factories in china over the years. John M (the model engineer I refer to) from down under worked with Raymond and Barry from Yulee (actually John started producing models with their father) to produce the Norscot range. There was a time when John M stepped away during the Norscot – Tokin area but he is back again now with DM. As for Wan Ho I know that factory very well. I have been there many many times now. I have also been to Yulee, it is a great factory, a lot more modern than Wan Ho with a great slot car track !! Just saying
BAH
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:04:59 AM

Have a good night.

I am not sure where you are going with you last statement. Being a diecast manufacture as you mentioned, you are chasing the brand managers at shows because you want to produce they models which you cannot do without their support for an agreement and technical information.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:17:48 AM

Quinella I have that type of sense, what I don’t have is the other type, cents.
Steve