DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Conrad Talbert Trailer Replacement Wheels Options · View
kcmtoys
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 10:49:34 PM

Groups: Member

The Model Mechanic on Shapeways has produced 6 spoke replacement wheels for the Conrad Talbert Lowboy trailers, using the existing Conrad tires. I ordered a set of extreme detail wheels. I primed and painted them using Testors Acrylic paint with an airbrush. These look great and now the trailer has a more accurate 10:00x15 wheel and tire. 😎

IMG_0338 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DMT3MY96S/1-50th-lowboy-type-hubs-wheels-for-conrad-etc?optionId=65303168&li=marketplace

https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 1:05:28 PM

Sorry Ken, I don't go for those type wheels. If you want spoke wheels, the Matchbox Mack B-61 versions are killer. For the Conrad lowboys, I use the First Gear white lowboy wheels with the larger First Gear white Pete, or Mack Granite wheels. They make the Conrad Talbert look beefier and if you are using a Conrad Freightliner or Paystar, it is well balanced. I'll send you a picture. Tell me what the real Talbert lowboys used with their accompanying tractors. I also use Tonkin lowboy wheels. At a scale of 1/53 they look darn good, especially the white ones. CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 5:15:35 PM

Quinella wrote:
Sorry Ken, I don't go for those type wheels. If you want spoke wheels, the Matchbox Mack B-61 versions are killer. For the Conrad lowboys, I use the First Gear white lowboy wheels with the larger First Gear white Pete, or Mack Granite wheels. They make the Conrad Talbert look beefier and if you are using a Conrad Freightliner or Paystar, it is well balanced. I'll send you a picture. Tell me what the real Talbert lowboys used with their accompanying tractors. I also use Tonkin lowboy wheels. At a scale of 1/53 they look darn good, especially the white ones. CAW

If you want 10:00x20's, the Match box and others are fine. At the time this Talbert Lowboy was produced, the 10:00x15 and 11:00x15 were the wheels and tires used for a lower profile application. Before that all that was used were 10:00x20 and 12:00x 24's. Spoke wheels were the norm and very few disc type wheels were used. I wanted a correct wheel for mine, and still use the tire that came with the trailer.Whistle Teeth Think

zz Talbert Flush Deck by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:35:03 PM

Yes, I suspected that. Also, now that you showed the spec sheet of the Talbert, what are your thoughts on the Conrad Talbert three axle lowboy carrying capacity ? Is it a 35 or 50 ton version? We have discussed this often on this Forum. We get both answers. And what happened to your custom two axle lowboy with jeep that was with the Mack B-61? CAW