DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1:87 Liebherr R974 wheeled material handler decals ? Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:11:49 PM
Groups: Member

Greetings all,

Working on an 1:87 Liebherr R974 wheeled material handler but lacking decals.

Anybody know where to find 1:87 Liebherr R974 decals ?

Tried eBay , unfortunately someone in China makes crappy decals fit for outhouse.

Has anyone made this machine in 1/50 ? If so please share with forum.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Jamiescotland
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:45:51 PM

You can get 1:87 Liebherr 974 stickers in Kibri kits. I bought a Menck HO scale shovel, and included on the decal sheets are Liebherr 974, 883, 631, 922, 751c, and 992 stickers, plus a load of Terex and JCB decals. They're quite thin satin-finish stickers on a clear backing. I would offer them to you, but I'd like to keep them for my own projects.
Otherwise it's a do-it-yourself job with a printer and decal paper.

Cheers, Jamie
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:57:24 PM

Hello HD41,

check out https://tl-modellbau.de/Baumaschinen-Decalbogen-1-87 Just the standard 974 version, but a good starting point. TL Decals are of a very good quality, perhaps you can find an according offer on ebay, sheet # is1320. Send me an message if I can help anyhow!

Cheers, Max
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:15:02 AM

Jamiescotland wrote:
You can get 1:87 Liebherr 974 stickers in Kibri kits. I bought a Menck HO scale shovel, and included on the decal sheets are Liebherr 974, 883, 631, 922, 751c, and 992 stickers, plus a load of Terex and JCB decals. They're quite thin satin-finish stickers on a clear backing. I would offer them to you, but I'd like to keep them for my own projects.
Otherwise it's a do-it-yourself job with a printer and decal paper.

Cheers, Jamie

Thank you Jamie. Had no idea some many stickers came with kibri kits. Max found exactly what I was looking for.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:18:53 AM

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Hello HD41,

check out https://tl-modellbau.de/Baumaschinen-Decalbogen-1-87 Just the standard 974 version, but a good starting point. TL Decals are of a very good quality, perhaps you can find an according offer on ebay, sheet # is1320. Send me an message if I can help anyhow!

Cheers, Max

Perfect ! Thank you Max.

1:87 Liebherr R974 wheeled material handler almost completed. Not perfect model but close enough for my humble modeling needs.

Thanks again Max.

-Unknown

dain555
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 1:00:14 PM

You can also get decals made by Buffalo Road Imports, even if they don't have stock decals you could always have them made. They would run about $15 if you have to have them made. They did a set of 'N' scale decals for a locomotive for Trudy for me and they were exactly what I wanted!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!