DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Complete newbie to construction diecast! Where (if possible) to buy YCC's Liebherr LTM 1800 Schmidba Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:36:59 AM

Groups: Member

Uzair wrote:
Welp! I've gone and ordered this YCC LTM 1800. Cost me a pretty penny more than its launch price of £800 so quite a leap for my first construction model. Am feeling a bit nervous as to how it will be in person, and hopefully will arrive safe and sound

CmdrByron thank you for your detailed writeup. I agree with you that on a crane model close-up detail isn't as important as on car models. That said, I intend to have only a few cranes (between 4 to 6) so each one has to be the best possible. I'm glad I could buy the LTM 1800 as one of the best crane models out there. I fully intend to add NZG's LR 1600 and LTM 11200 as the next models. I am just not sure about which livery to get the 11200 in. I missed out on the Mammoet and of the currently available ones:

TER LINDEN
S.E LEVAGE
GUAY
Makro
Max Bögl
Transbiaga
Eseasa

... I am not getting the "must get" vibe from any of these, especially if I end up keeping only one LTM 11200. Can we find out which liveries NZG will do in the future?

Yeah - Paul R's collection is MASSIVE and utterly unbelievable that he can have so many (many!) models of cranes and heavy haulers !!! Where does he even store them and their boxes?

As to reaving, I have zero knowledge and experience so I am sure it will be an interesting experience learning on a complex model such as the LTM 1800!

Uzair,
Of the 11200's you have listed, I'd be looking at the S E Levage one which is yet to be released. This livery is quite popular and I think of those you have listed, this is one that will hold its value. Ter Linden is nice but the boom was painted incorrectly. Same for the GUAY. I also like the Transbiaga.

As for my models, not all are on display. I'd say about 2/3 are but I have also sold several this year. Mainly because of lack of room and also because I do not like too many models in boxes. With that said, all the 11200's are currently boxed bar 2-3 of them! But they will come out again one day Smile

Paul R
Uzair
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:10:55 AM

Paul R wrote:

Uzair,
Of the 11200's you have listed, I'd be looking at the S E Levage one which is yet to be released. This livery is quite popular and I think of those you have listed, this is one that will hold its value. Ter Linden is nice but the boom was painted incorrectly. Same for the GUAY. I also like the Transbiaga.

As for my models, not all are on display. I'd say about 2/3 are but I have also sold several this year. Mainly because of lack of room and also because I do not like too many models in boxes. With that said, all the 11200's are currently boxed bar 2-3 of them! But they will come out again one day Smile

Paul R

Thanks for the tips Paul. I do like the looks of the S E Levage, and the blue on the Transbiaga is also rather nice. Speaking of blue, I am settling on Sarens as my main "theme". I don't think YCC have released an LTM 1800 in this livery, correct? I hope they do so in the future, I would definitely be in. For the LTM 11200 I know NZG did it in Sarens colors, but I haven't found a single unit on sale in eBay or any of the two dozen European web stores I have bookmarked. Would it be worth waiting for one to show up on eBay, and what would a fair price be on it if it did?

Having even 2/3 of your models on display is pretty impressive Paul! Can we see a photo of your display?

Cranes Etc
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:02:18 PM

Uzair wrote:

I don't think YCC have released an LTM 1800 in this livery, correct?

Sorry to tell you the Sarens version was made years ago. 150 were made I think. Like most popular limited edition models Sarens stuff usually sells out. When a collector sells they will go for good $ if they have been well looked after with all parts and box.

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:12:43 PM

Uzair wrote:

Thanks for the tips Paul. I do like the looks of the S E Levage, and the blue on the Transbiaga is also rather nice. Speaking of blue, I am settling on Sarens as my main "theme". I don't think YCC have released an LTM 1800 in this livery, correct? I hope they do so in the future, I would definitely be in. For the LTM 11200 I know NZG did it in Sarens colors, but I haven't found a single unit on sale in eBay or any of the two dozen European web stores I have bookmarked. Would it be worth waiting for one to show up on eBay, and what would a fair price be on it if it did?

Having even 2/3 of your models on display is pretty impressive Paul! Can we see a photo of your display?

Uzair,
As Ian said, Sarens LTM 1800 was made already and long sold out. A luffing jib and Derrick were also made. If you were to find one then be prepared to pay big bucks. There was also an LG1550 made which is even rarer!

Be prepared to pay well over a €1000 for this model.

I’ll have to get some up to date photos!

Paul R
Victor Pay
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:45:25 PM

Uzair wrote:
I don't think YCC have released an LTM 1800 in this livery, correct?

They sure did, in 2008!
Look here for example: http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203850#p203850
Also, their back catalogue can still be found on the YCC website: http://www.yccmodels.com/YCCModels.html

A few facts about the LTM 1800:
-older models from YCC represent the newer version of the crane, from 1997.
-newest models represent the older version of the crane, from 1987.
Have to say though, with the Schmidbauer crane model YCC did not turn everything of the crane back into 1987.
The boom still has all the features of the newer version, updates necessary when the derrick mast was introduced for the LTM 1800 (1996).
The Schmidbauer crane boom didn't have all that yet (neither did the Breuer crane, btw).

-when YCC released the model of the Sarens LTM 1800, Sarens UK still had to paint their LTM 1800 in full Sarens colours,
as they took the crane over from Baldwins: http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139978#p139978
but they eventually did, except for the counterweights. Still looks great Smiley
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jack5561/6256195642/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jack5561/6255659105/in/photostream/
Uzair
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 10:05:15 AM

Ah yes, you are right Paul, a Google search did yield a few photos of the Sarens LTM 1800. I almost fear it turning up on eBay, it is guaranteed to be super-expensive! And yes if you can share some more photos of your Sarens that would be great since there are not many in your collection topic and in general on the internet.

Victor thank you for the interesting information regarding YCC's releases, and the inaccuracies on the Schmidbauer.