DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

ChandlerYohn Mining Models (CCM Cat 6090 Face Shovel) Options · View
Ironstef70
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 11:53:29 AM

Groups: Member

Man, CJ, your home looks like a museum!

Makes me wonder how you keep up with maintaining all that nice collection away from the dust.

All your models and displays are sparkling clean. Think

Love your tread, especially that huge Bucyrus. Applause

Cheers,

Stephane

Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:20:12 PM

That's absolutely helpful!Applause Thank you very much for the information.

Regards,
Farrell

ChandlerYohn wrote:
Hi Farrell, I don't have the Komatsu 960E displayed at present, but I know the dump bed is metal. The cab is plastic and I think the hydraulic tank and fuel tank on the chassis sides are plastic. The highly detailed engine is also plastic. I cannot recall the composition of the rims. Overall the model is solid and robust with tremendous detail, especially the engine.

I hope that helps.

Hi Stephane, I have to measure the round turn table of the 8750. I don't have my PTC displayed at the moment, but I think the turn table base on the 8750 would be close in diameter.

Hi Paul, very glad you like the pics. They're one of my few creative outlets and I enjoy setting up the little dioramas. LOL!

Thanks everyone, take care and all the best.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 10:41:10 PM

After a week of holding onto these pics as my laptop tanked on me I'm finally back up and running. The glorious CCM Cat 6015B Mining/Heavy Construction excavator is a brilliant model brimming with detail. The functionality is top tier with many hidden details throughout. The engine detailing is superb. The rear counterweight is removable, but out of the box breakdown is limited at that. I saw 4x screws adjacent to the track frames and I was excited that maybe the frames were removable, but sadly they're not. Thankfully the only repair required on this model was re-attaching one of the lifting eyes on the counterweight. CCM upgraded the packaging to two piece styrofoam instead of the compressed cardboard (egg carton) styple packaging featured on the 777 mining trucks which did a much better job. This series is limited to 1000 models and includes a high quality serialized collectors card.

I normally only buy mining shovels, but I was really captivated when I saw this model and I figured, hell it could be a heavy construction excavator... LOL! My mining shovel fetish remains unabated.

Featured Models: CCM Cat 6015B Mining/Heavy Construction Excavator, Cat 777G 100 ton class Mining Dump Truck, Diecast Masters 390F Excavator, Cat 259D Tracked Skid Steer Loader, Sword Ford F-250 Pick-Up Trucks, Steel City Construction Fuel Tank, First Gear Topco Figure, Preiser Construction Figures.

CCM Cat 6015B 777 DM 390F 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

A diorama featuring a series of Cat models. Unfortunately I missed out on the CCM Cat 390 excavator, but I am very pleased with the Diecast Master version. The Sword F-250's are brilliant and really add to the diorama and provide an excellent reference for scale.

CCM Cat 6015B 26 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Loading a 100 ton class Cat 777G, this is a recommended pairing and the excavator can load the truck in 7 passes.

CCM Cat 6015B 25 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

CCM Cat 6015B 27 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Maximum side loading height. I didn't have a 250 ton class truck readily available, but it should clear the side. The 6015B supercedes the previous 5110B. On one of the Massive Earthmoving Machines videos a 5110 is featured loading a 250 ton class truck from a coal seam too small for the larger shovels.

CCM Cat 6015B 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Profile view of the massive excavator alongside a Ford F-250. A worker climbs up the extending staircase passing by the photoetch radiator fan with visible hydraulic piping used to drive the massive fan.

CCM Cat 6015B 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Teaming with detail from the refuelling point along the walkway, to tiny warning graphics. Although smaller than it's heavy mining bretheren, this is an imposing machine in it's own right.

CCM Cat 6015B 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Close-up detail of the photoetch covering the radiator fan. An extension to accommodate the hydraulic motor is also featured prominently on the mesh (slightly off angle). The walkway along the side also features photoetch. The small worklight is so detailed you can see that it is comprised of two individual lights.

CCM Cat 6015B 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Scores of detail along the upper work area, with exceptional hydraulic detailing along the boom foot. The cab even features a translucent warning beacon, mounted onto the plastic protective grille. Small warning labesl adorn the top of the machine as well as the sides. A functioning service door to access the oil filters. The rearmost air filter had a bit of a shoddy glue job and will require a little finesse with a scalpel blade to tidy it up.

CCM Cat 6015B 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Nothing, but the best! OEM Cat labelled oil filters are visible through one of the several access doors into the engine compartment. Fantastic detailing!

CCM Cat 6015B 12 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

With the rear counterweight removed there is full visibility into the gorgeous engine compartment. The model is designed to allow the counterweight to slide out on the I beam rails seen at the bottom of the compartment by several centimeters. Fine painting detailed and even photoetch mesh at the bottom of the compartment is featured. The firewall between the engine and pump compartment (right of picture) is also featured.

CCM Cat 6015B 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Come a little closer and look at all of this amazing detail. Excellent texture along the stairs leading up to the drivers side walkway. Lifting eyes are featured on the counterweight, but it is quite functionally heavy so it may be a little risky to actually pose the counterweight being lifted as those lifting eyes are only plastic.

CCM Cat 6015B 11 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

A big chunk of metal in that counterweight. Excellent warning labels along the bottom lifting points, side lifting eyes are also featured along with a crisp Cat logo. Work lights and a rear camera finish off the top.

CCM Cat 6015B 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The cab, as on other CCM models also lives up to the fine detailing. An opening door, fine mirror (in plastic), two toned seat with the Cat logo and fine warning laels inside the cab. Fine photoetch mesh line the floor just outside of the cab. Metal railings are of a fine gauge.

CCM Cat 6015B 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Heavy duty boom with fine hydraulic detailing and even small labels along the boom sides denoting the lifting points which are functional. The Cat logo on the left side of the bucket is slightly obscured by a thick coat of paint, however the right side is much crisper. This is the maximum extension of the boom. The worklights on the boom were not factory finished with silver highlighting, but it was easy to add.

CCM Cat 6015B 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Over to the right side of the machine we can see the access doors to the hydraulic pump open revealing more exceptional detail. The hydraulic cooling fan also has textured photoetch and a prominent fan underneath. Fine grab bars run over the mesh and the side of the hydraulic tank. The massive track frames look very imposing against the 3/4 ton Ford F-250.

CCM Cat 6015B 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Functional upper and lower rollers allow the track to roll smoothly.

CCM Cat 6015B 20 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

CCM Cat 6015B 21 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Although you can't drive the pick-up into the bucket, you can see that it is still a massive component. It is fixed in place, but with a brave soul and a steady hand the rivets could be drilled out.

CCM Cat 6015B 16 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

CCM Cat 6015B 14 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

CCM Cat 6015B 22 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Excellent detailing continues along the front of the machine. Fine mesh guards over the front working lights. Excellent hydraulic hose detailing for the main lift cylinders. This detailing is sadly absent on the Diecast Masters Cat 390F excavator. Tiny warning labels continue along the bottom inner aspect of the cab and small work lights adorn the top.

CCM Cat 6015B 23 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Robust cab protection (although it is only plastic) gives the appearance that this machine is ready for the heavy duty applications for which it was designed.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:06:06 PM

Continued... I guess my original post was too long and actually got cut off.

CCM Cat 6015B 17 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The extra 40 tons of the 6015B is demonstrated in this picture when compared to it's smaller Cat 390F cousin. *Note that due to scaling differences the 6015B is actually 4% larger then it would otherwise be in 1:50 scale.

CCM Cat 6015B 18 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Top-down view further highlights the size disparity. Interesting to note the slight difference in shades of Cat yellow between the two model manufactuers.

CCM Cat 6015B 24 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

All folded in and ready to be loaded onto a lowloader... Anybody have a 140 ton capacity low loader?!? LOL! You can strip off the 14 ton counterweight, but does it really matter? I guess it's the Tow Haul or bust to transport this beast as it would require significant mods to break it down into road legal components.

Thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoy. Take care and all the best.

3406E
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 1:27:57 AM

Nice review and great pics! I've been waiting for someone to do a more in-depth review of this model, so far all the pics I've seen were taken from the same angles that didn't show off the detail. It looks like another excellent piece by CCM.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:15:57 AM

Hi Clifton, I'm glad you appreciate the overview of the model. Thanks for commenting, take care and have a great weekend.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:32:51 AM

Hi Stephane, sorry I didn't reply to your comment earlier. The dust battle is held at bay with a microfibre cloth for the glass a large soft paintbrush for larger surfaces and make-up brushes of varying widths for the detailed parts.

I only have three shelves, two curio cabinets and a large glass LED lit glass stand for cranes which can accommodate up to the Mammoet PTC. The Bucyrus 8750 has its own glass stand and is a dedicated fixture in the collection. With the other spaces I rotate models through and create little dioramas. One of the curios is dedicated to the military/Macross themed items which further limits coveted display space for the construction, mining, heavy lift and heavy transport models. It would be nice to open up a space where I could display more of the collection, but that will be some time in the future.

I hope you've been well and great weathering on the HO scale train models. Take care and all the best.

Ironstef70
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:56:09 AM

Not a problem CY. I too use makeup brushes for the diorama and diecast models. I sometimes use smaller paint brushes for HO locomotives.

I always enjoy your attention to details, and your ability to accurately describe models in details, pretty much as Ian does at Cranes Etc. But you may not have the supporting sponsorship (and you don't need to answer that comment). Wink

Stephane

Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:46:57 PM

Such a nice model I had to buy several for future projects.
Come on CCM, there are TONS of modern Cat excavators awaiting for this level of detail.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:31:57 PM

Some more pics of the CCM Cat 77G, Diecast Masters Cat 390F and Cat 259D Tracked Loader. Although the Cat 390F is not in the same legue as the larger and highly detailed Cat 6015B, it does feature tiny warning labels, an opening engine compartment with highlighted white components and an opening cab door. For the price point it is a huge step up from the Norscot offerings.

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 390F Excavator 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Bucket to bucket with the two heavy duty excavators.

CCM Cat 777G Dump Truck 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

A tiny but mighty loader. The grapples could use some chrome highliting on the rams and a glossy finish on the plastic so they blend in. The mesh detailing on the cab is great and the detailing on the high drive sproket is sharp given the scale. Some lifting eyes on the top of the cab would have allowed it to be posed being lowered/placed onto a work site.

CCM Cat 777G Dump Truck 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

This is such a beautifully detailed mining truck and I was so happy to see the 100 ton class added to the collection. It will definitely feature prominently in future dioramas.

CCM Cat 777G Dump Truck 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Thanks again for viewing! Take care and all the best.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:38:49 PM

Hi Stephane, great to hear from you and thanks for the wonderful comments.

Hi Maxcavator, it will be very cool to see what projects you have lined up for the 6015B. If you brave the component break down for transport that would look really awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Take care and all the best.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 10:22:05 PM

An older model, but highly detailed with lots of functionality. The Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig.

More images (including the Diecast Masters Cat 994K White Coal Loading Version) to come...

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 15 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr

Thanks for checking in.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:20:35 AM

Continuing on with the Brami Sandvik DI600 drilling rig. Beautiful model. Only real problem I had was with the packaging as it lacked any tissue paper or plastic around the model and the styrofoam packaging was eaten away by the flexible hosing on the model which required some attention to repair.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Drilling multiple blast holes. The gauge of the ballast is a tad large, and a finer grain just arrived this week so that will be fixed in the future. Although the drill is posed vertical the functionality in drill angle and position is replicated very well. The drill boom can be raised or lowered vertical, it can be angled left to right and canted forward and backwards with infinite variability in all directions.

The tracks feature hydraulics to raise and lower the angle of the machine body relative to the tracks, but these are fixed in place.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 19 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Application of fine graphics help add detail. Metal tracks are of excellent quality. There are no functional upper or lower rollers. The front track wheels are actually locked in place, but the track still rolls quite smoothly.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 18 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Complex and intricate hydraulics and hosing for articulation and the dust evacuation system.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 16 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Detailed cab graphics and small silver step. You can still see some of the orange paint which was damaged from the styrofoam packaging and has affected the flexible hosing which will need to be fixed further.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 14 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Tiny graphics continue to the rear as well. The silver tank on the rear was fixed slightly offset and the mould line detracts from the overall finish. Cast in detail is reasonable.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Sharp tampo printing of the DI600 model number. On the real machine there is mesh material along the side orange engine panel which was omitted on the model. Fine access ladder adds some detail to the side.

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 13 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 17 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Brami Sandvik DI600 Drilling Rig 21 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The Steel City Fuel tank fits nicely into the Sword F-250 as well. Thanks for viewing, take care and have a great weekend.

Campmb
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:56:50 AM

What a great collection and a great display! So much to be admired there. Also your photo skills are among the best. Always look forward to your posts CJ. Mike
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:33:39 AM

Hi Mike, thanks so much for the compliments, it's greatly appreciated. Always more pics to come, and hopefully some vids in the near future as well. This new rotating stand is a great addition as I can set up a diorama and photograph it from any angle instead of battling for just the right perspective. It also provides a great 360 view of the model for videos.

Take care and have a great weekend.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 4:36:20 PM

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White in Coal Loading Configuration.

Featured Models: First Gear Conoco Fuels Peterbilt Vocational Truck, Sword Ford F-250, Diecast Masters Cat 242D Skid Steer Loader, Tamiya Custom Fuel Drums.

All of my big loaders (Komatsu WA1200 and Letourneau 1850) are in white so I figured the Cat should be no different. The coal configuration is less than ideal as I don't have any dump trucks specifically configured for coal loading. The model is brilliant overall with great detailing, very imposing size and the packaging tin even features photos of the machine in white instead of simply re-using the Cat yellow version. The only real weaknesses on the model are the lack of hydraulic hoses across the pivot point, the lack of open visibility slats on top of the massive bucket, featured lifting points along the bucket which are unfortunately closed, the absence of a bucket carry angle when the loader arms are lowered, and the lack of mesh or black highlighting for the cast-in detail for the rear spacer between the body and the radiator housing.
For the price point this model is unbeatable. Later on I will try to address some of the weaknesses of the model to see if I can raise up the detailing a bit.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Imposing size with fine metal grab and handrails, fire suppression equipment and a dual exhaust that seems lifted off of a steam locomotive. That's your max carry angle. You can also see the small tab on the side of the bucket which is intended to be a lift point.

I upped my vegetation display by adding in some peat moss obtained from the dollar store which helps to hide the base of the trees and add a little more to the "forest" floor.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Folding access stairs are a very nice addition with the parallelogram configuration of the railings being maintained. The finish of the plastic flexible handrailings is matte versus the gloss of their metal counterparts. Small rear camera mounted onto the grille looks the part and is highlighted with silver paint. Even the tow hitch has silver highlighting.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Detail abounds with structural supports and other details under the top deck and behind the crisp Cat logo on the side.

The Cat 242D is equipped with the optional forks included with the model and is unloading drums from the Conoco Peterbilt truck.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

There's that max carry angle again. The small tabs on the inside upper bucket are also more featured lifting eyes, but good luck trying to drill those out. LOL!

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 17 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Imposing view as it towers over mere mortal vehicles.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

That's a big bucket!

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Robust and detailed drive shaft featured as well as hydraulic rams, but sadly hydraulic lines are absent across the pivot point. You can also see the mesh work between the radiator and body sections has crisp detailing, but may benefit from some black highlighting to make it stand out more.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 13 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The First Gear Conoco Peterbilt truck looks sharp, but is a mixed bag for quality and functionality. The rims look sharp and feature rubber tires (which have identical tread patterns front and rear). There is no functional steering or suspension on the truck and hood does not open. The wheel wells are normally a glossy white at the front, so they were painted in with a flat black which I feel makes it look more realistic. As you can see the doors do open on the vehicle which is a nice touch. The plastic drive shaft is modelled well and fits into a robust transmission and differential. One surprising quality issue is that the truck frame is actually plastic. The upper box is metal and highly detailed with the sharp graphic, but thankfully is not so heavy as it causes the frame to sag.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 14 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 15 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Robust little Cat 242D demonstrates it's versatility with the various tools that are included with the model; in this case pallet forks (which are unfortunately just a tad too wide for this pallet).

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 16 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 18 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Chuck's addictive little Ford F-250's really help to add a semblance of scale to the diorama.

Thanks so much for viewing. More pics to come with the Liebherr T264 and against the Letourneau 1850.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 10:55:46 PM

Diecast Cat 994K compared to TWH LeTourneau 1850. Other featured models are Conrad Liebherr T264, Sword Ford F-250 and WSI Liebherr 776 Bulldozer.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

These two loaders are actually in the same class. Wheelbase is identical between them. The white LeTournea is configured with the rock bucket, while the Cat 994K is configured with a coal bucket. The Cat loader can extend higher, however the hydraulic lift rams have some bleeding at the top end which won't allow them to maintain maximum height.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Same class of loader, same wheel base, but wow look at the difference in length.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Large Cat coal bucket lacks visibility slats, as compared to the Letourneau and lifting rings are not open. Teeth are well detailed, but thick paint obscures some of the finer detail.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White TWH Le Tourneau 1850 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 30 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

If you need a parking solution for your Ford F-250, then the Cat 994K comes through in spades.

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 28 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 35 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 21 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 19 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 20 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 22 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 33 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Mini Cat juxtaposed against massive Cat...

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 34 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Diecast Masters Cat 994K White 29 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Thanks for viewing. Take care and all the best.

3mscrap
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 12:16:44 PM

Nice comparison of these 2 monsters. Did not realize the 994 was that much larger.
Thanks for the info.

Dan

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2017 2:42:42 PM

3mscrap wrote:
Did not realize the 994 was that much larger.

It's not in reality! From the published specifications:

The overall length of the L-1850 is 18,900mm (62.00') and the 994K is 17,860mm (58.59'), so the L-1850 is 3.41' longer and therefore the models should be much closer in size to each other with the L-1850 being nearly an inch longer at scale.

So; did TWH make the L-1850 too small or did DM make the 994K too large? I suspect the latter..
Basketball Man
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:43:26 PM

There are some nice models! Really nice crown jewel in your collection!

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube