DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Don Campbell Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 6:56:01 AM

Groups: Member

Anybody heard of or from Don Campbell? I just got thinking about his models he built and went googling him,seems to be about 3 years or so since there's been a post on his blog and a visit to the DHS Forum.

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Jamiescotland
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 6:59:42 AM

I think he's taking a break from model building. Hope he gets back to it soon - I enjoyed looking at his blog and his Flickr page
draglinefan
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 8:10:37 AM

I thought he has his own web-side , but I am not sure
dain555
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 9:26:12 AM

Don is alive and well and enjoying his family. He isn't building modes any longer and only doing some tweeking to his small tractors. He's also getting his vehicles tweeked to the way he wants them.

He does have a Facebook page and has posts on there. Oh and above all he is enjoying his grandson when he can.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
DumpsterToy
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 11:05:51 AM

I have wondered about Dons whereabouts myself. I have several of his creations. I did a show several weeks ago and had one of his 1/16 scale models on my table. It is a triple 6 Cat scraper. It drew a lot of questions and comments. If by chance you read this note Don, HELLO to you and your family.

Dave Somers aka dumpster
brian falcone
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 5:17:45 PM

he hasnt been around in years,. i remember that one time someone told him the paint he used was a shade off and he flipped out. got really upset.
dain555
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 7:49:18 PM

I got a hold of Don on Facebook, he said to tell everyone that he and Deb said HI!! He said that "He and Deb are enjoying retirement and that he still has all his stuff and maybe one day he'll get back to building models again." He also said "right now he is just enjoying doing things with the family."

For those interested as I said he does have a Facebook account and I'm sure would enjoy hearing from old friends!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!