DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1:50th Hitachi EX750-5 build. Options · View
max
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:42:01 PM
Groups: Member

Hello Rowan,
Outstanding work and as some other members mentionned, it is very well explained all the way through.
And i really like the level of attention you give to small détails.
That looks really good, congratulations!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:03:50 AM

Looking great Rowan!

my tracks look fantatistic on the 750!

By the way I think i still have some ex750 decals around from years ago if you haven't ordered yours yet.

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
RowanH
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:22:59 AM

Hi all, thanks for the kind replies. Sadly my lovely 6 week summer holiday has come to and end and I'm back at work so progress has slowed on the EX750 but I plan on getting back to some paint, this coming weekend.

RMS, Yes I have been using the factory edge but I have not been using a burnishing tool, just my finger nail. That is absolutely something I will investigate.

Dex, thanks for the advice, I'll look into burnishing the edges better, next time.

Max, thanks for the reply, I'm glad that you've enjoyed following the build!

Eric, that they do! The tracks are fantastic! I'll be in touch via Facebook! Those may come in very handy!

I'm currently looking into purchasing a handrail bender and some brass railing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djWOKscISVU&feature=youtu.be

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:16:12 AM

RowanH,

For clarity, you should NOT be utilizing the factory edge, you should cut a new edge, (fresh glue), as well as a burnishing tool.
RowanH
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 8:22:08 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates but as always, life gets in the way. We're also into Winter here in Aus so everything is a little slower than usual.

I had a bit of a play with the RP Toolz handrail bender recently. It's an absolutely fantastic little tool, clean crisp lines. I'll already be remaking parts but it's proved to be worth it's purchase price. Now I've just got to get my head around joining the brass rails. Glue is messy for something so delicate and I don't know how to weld. Hmmmm Think

I was at home sick today so I decided to have a go at the decals. Still lots of finishing touches to go but it's another step closer to completion. Cheers.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2017 5:04:02 PM

Looking goodApplause . . .just the hydraulic lines,to go.Must get myself that R.P.tool,looks really handy.Out of interest,how much was it? Obviously turns out great railing.You have put loads of effort into this.Cannot wait to see,this excavator done.Teeth